Visitor requirements related to COVID-19
The central focus of these requirements is the safety of our visitors, volunteers and suppliers. You confirm that you are in good health and have no health issues such as cold symptoms, rhinitis, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough or a temperature, and also that the people you share a household with are free of such symptoms (and have been over the past 24 hours). Hortus botanicus Leiden reserves the right to deny entry to visitors if there are doubts about their state of health. You agree to following our hygiene measures:
- In accordance with policy of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, it is mandatory to wear a mouth mask while visiting our indoor areas (Winter garden and Tropical greenhouse). The Hortus Grand Café is temporarily closed, but will change into a to-go location.
- Wash your hands after activities involving contact in places where other people have been.
- Wash your hands with water and soap for 20 seconds and dry them thoroughly with a paper towel.
- Dispose of paper towels in a waste bin.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs to blow your nose and dispose of them in a closable waste bin. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other visitors.