The gardens and greenhouses in the Hortus botanicus Leiden lend themselves perfectly to photo and filmshoots in a botanic setting. We make a subdivision in wedding shoots, commercial film/photoshoots and private photography.
The Hortus is a popular place to get married or take wedding pictures. Due to the corona virus, wedding shoots can only be organised daily from 10.00-12.00 hrs and from 14.00-18.00 hrs. Taking photos in the Tropical Greenhouses is not allowed due to our corona virus restrictions. Please inform us in advance of your arrival via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 071 5275144. Every now and then, one of our standby staff will visit you to see if everything around the photo shoot is going well. No more than two couples at the same time.
Costs: entrance fee per person (with Museumkaart free entrance). Time: within opening hours (summer: Mon to Fri from 09.00-18.00 and winter: di to Fri from 09.00-16.00 - valid until 1 September 2020).
Photo shoots and filming
The collection, gardens and greenhouses of the Hortus are often used as the background in photography, film- and fashionshoots and promotional films. You have to book the shoots in advance via email@example.com.
Unannounced photo or film shoots will be refused or charged afterwards. Prices include make-up/changing room and guidance by the location manager, catering is not included. Photo/filmshoots are only possible on weekdays and not on weekends. (summer: daily from 10.00 – 18.00 hrs and winter: from 10.00 – 16.00 hrs).
- Upon publication we ask for a mention of Hortus botanicus Leiden.
Costs: €1000 incl VAT
Are you a journalist or blogger and would you like to photograph at the Hortus? Would you like to make recordings in the Hortus or interview one of our employees? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules during photo/filmshoots:
- It is forbidden to leave the paths in the greenhouses or in the gardens. This includes the placement of lights or stands, nothing should be in-between the plants. Even in places where seemingly nothing grows, something may be underground.
- The Hortus is open to visitors as a museum, they should not be bothered by the film/photoshoots. Keep in mind that it can be cramped in the greenhouses.
- Instructions from our staff must be followed at all times
- Upon publication we request a mention of Hortus botanicus Leiden.
- Photoshoots can only take place within the opening hours of the Hortus (summer: daily from 10.00-18.00 hrs and winter: from 10.00-16.00 hrs).