Opening hours winterNovember 1 until March 31
Daily except Monday
From May 19, 2021, a visit to the garden is possible again. The Hortus is allowed to open as an outdoor location, this means that the Tropical Greenhouses and the Winter Garden are not accessible. Fortunately, there is plenty to see in the garden.
All measures in a row:
- Booking your visit in advance is necessary - also for Museum Card holders and Friends of the Hortus.
- Individual visitors to the Hortus can book a time slot online. This also applies to Museumkaart holders. There is always room for Friends of the Hortus, but please reserve your ticket for source and contact research. Book your ticket here.
- Our opening hours are Monday to Sunday 10:00 to 18:00 (last admission 17:30).
- You have a choice of two walking routes marked in the garden.
- The 1.5 meter rule still applies. Please wear a mouth mask in the indoor locations: at the entrance, in the store, the catering pick-up point and the toilets.
- Groups are no larger than 2 people or 1 household.
- Only come if you feel healthy. So none of the following complaints in the past 24 hours: cold symptoms, rhinitis, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough or elevation. A check-up will take place upon arrival.
- The terrace and take-out area of the Hortus Grand Café are open. The terrace is open seven days a week, from 10:00-18:00. Reserve a spot on the terrace in advance at https://www.hortusleiden.nl/tafel-reserveren. At quiet times it is also possible to reserve on the spot. The Hortus Grand Café takeaway is open every day from 10:00-18:00.
- The store is open seven days a week, from 10:00 to 18:00. Last entry is at 5:30 pm. A maximum of six customers may be in the store at the same time.
- The restrooms in the Winter Garden and in the Garden House are open between 10:00 and 18:00.
- Will you be using public transport when visiting the Hortus? Buy a ticket for the Hortus from 10:00 and no later than 14:00 so as not to burden the public transport system during rush hour. Avoid the public transport when you can. More information about parking can be found here.
- Tours/visits with larger groups are temporarily not possible.
- More information about renting out event venues can be found here.
Daily except Monday
3 October 2021 (Leidens Ontzet).
25 December 2021 t/m 2 January 2022 (Christmas Holiday).