Click here for an overview of the current COVID-19 measures
- Our opening hours are Tuesday to Sunday 10:00 to 18:00 (last entry 17:30). In June, July and August the Hortus is open on wednesdays until 21:00.
- The Hortus Grand Cafe is open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10 am to 18 pm. Reserve a table.
- The shop is open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10:00 to 17:30.
- The toilets in the Wintergarden, in the Observatory and in the Garden House are open between 10:00 and 18:00.
- More information about parking can be found here.
- More information about renting out event venues can be found here.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Hortus. Exceptions are made for assistance dogs.
- Hortus botanicus Leiden also sells Museum Cards. These give free access to the garden and more than 400 other museums in the Netherlands. Ask at the ticket desk: €64.90 for adults, €32.45 for people up to 18 years of age.