The Hortus is pretty enough to stroll through on your own. However, if you want to learn more about the plants and their history or want be sure that you have not missed the most beautiful spots, take a guided tour of the garden and greenhouses.
The guided tours are given on request. Whichever you choose, experts and experienced guides will show you the most interesting sites of the Hortus. They are enthusiastic in their story telling and they know numerous anecdotes that belong to a certain tree or flowering plant species. A guided tour certainly enriches your visit to the Hortus.
- Duration of the guided tour: 1 hour
- Groups: 10-15 persons, maximum of 15 persons. If there are more travelling in your group, we suggest to book 2 guides or more.
- Costs: €90 per guide within opening times, €130 per guide outside opening times (+entrance fees)
- Languages: Dutch, English, German and French
Book a guided tour
Guided tours should be booked at least 3 weeks in advance of your visit. Please send us your request through mail. For more information you can contact us at Hortus@hortus.leidenuniv.nl or call the office at +31 (0)71 527 5144.
- Regular €8,00
- Children 4-12 years, CJP €3,50
- Museumkaart; Leiden University students free
- Leiden University staff and students from other universities, MBO and HBO (student pass) €2,50
- Groups (from 15 persons) €6,50
- Hortus botanicus Leiden Friend card and holders Museumkaart + Leiden University students free