Help us to look after the gardens of Hortus botanicus Leiden and protect our plants and buildings for years to come by following these simple rules.
Visitors to Hortus botanicus Leiden are expected to observe the following COVID-19 house rules:
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other visitors who are not in your group.
- You confirm that you are in good health and have no health issues such as cold symptoms, rhinitis, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough or a temperature, and also that the people you share a household with are free of such symptoms (and have been over the past 24 hours).
- It is mandatory to wear a mouth mask in our indoor areas (Winter Garden and Tropical Greenhouse, Hortus Grand Cafe).
- Observe the hygiene requirements.
- Please follow any and all instructions from staff and volunteers.
Although self-evident for the most part, our general house rules are listed below.
- You need to be in possession of a valid entry ticket during your visit.
- Do not climb trees.
- Do not take any plants or seeds with you. Theft is always reported to the police.
- Do not pick and eat any seeds or berries. Plants, or parts of them, can be poisonous.
- Children up to the age of 12 need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Leiden Botanic Garden. Exceptions are made for guide dogs assisting a visually impaired or blind person.
- Smoking is not allowed in the buildings of the Leiden Botanic Garden.
- You are not allowed to bring your own drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) during events.
- Cycling is not allowed in the Leiden Botanic Garden – bicycle racks are available at the entrance for parking your bike.
- For many people, the Leiden Botanic Garden is a place for a peaceful stroll to enjoy nature. Please be considerate.
- Public drunkenness is not allowed. The Leiden Botanic Garden is no exception.
- By entering the Leiden Botanic Garden you indemnify us against any liability for damage of any kind suffered by you or those accompanying you. You enter the Hortus botanicus Leiden at your own risk.
Photo shoots are regularly organised in the Leiden Botanic Garden by third parties. We distinguish between wedding shoots, commercial photo/film shoots, private photography without use of extra materials and press photo/film shoots.