The Leiden Hortus is not just a green oasis in the city; the very special plant collection, the research we carry out, the safeguarding of biodiversity and its beauty should all be treasured. It should be quite obvious that the centuries-old botanical garden in the historic centre of Leiden should be preserved, both now and in the future. You can contribute to this future, and live on in our Hortus, by making a gift or by remembering us in your will.
To our great pleasure we already regularly receive gifts, which is why we would like to draw your attention to the different forms of giving:
• A one-off or periodic financial gift via an agreement or notarial deed. The tax benefits are usually the greatest for a periodic gift.
• Setting up your own fund. For a gift of € 50,000 or more you can determine both the purpose and the name of the fund yourself. You would, of course, be personally involved in the use of your fund.
You can include the Hortus in your will. For instance by:
• Inheritance: part of your estate will be granted to the Hortus.
• A bequest: a certain sum or a property or other part of your estate will be granted to the Hortus.
• A named fund: for €50,000 or more you can set up your own fund from your estate.
• By naming the Hortus as an inheritor and to determine that the Hortus allocates your inheritance, or part of your inheritance, to the fund you have set up. If you do this you can also oblige the Hortus to make payments to third parties.
The stichting Vrienden van de Leidse Hortus (Friends of the Hortus Foundation) has ANBI status, i.e. it is a Public Benefit Organization (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instellingen in Dutch). This means that it does not have to pay gift tax or inheritance tax, so 100% of your gift will benefit the good cause. The ANBI status is also financially beneficial to the giver: you will get a part of your gift back from the tax authority. Please find more information here.
If you would like more information or a personal meeting you can contact Patricia Vandecasteele, public affairs and fundraising, without obligation via +31 (071)-527 3599 of email@example.com.